I'm an experienced 3D artist located in Boston, MA, USA. I'm open to freelance character and prop modeling opportunities. Currently I'm a 3D Character Artist for Poorly Timed Games.
I've created characters, props, and environments for indie games, AAA games, educational software, VR and AR apps, archaeological reconstruction, and product visualization.
Skills: High-poly sculpting, game-res modeling, organic modeling, hard-surface modeling, UV unwrapping, baking maps, realistic photo-sourced and procedural PBR materials, stylized handpainted textures, LODs, collision meshes, real-time performance optimization. Good practices for UX and UI in VR. Photoreal lighting and rendering in V-Ray and 3ds Max. Figure drawing and human anatomy. Drawing/illustration. Mentoring, leadership, strategic decisionmaking, managing projects, communicating in large and small groups, and clear technical writing.
My hobbies include playing guitar, listening to music, reading science fiction, writing, drawing, studying anatomy, and of course indulging in what got me into art in the first place – reading comics and playing video games!
Model & texture 3D characters for unannounced title. Collaborate with Concept Artists & Art Director. More information to come!
3D Art Manager, 3D Model Operations (Mar’18 – present)
• Identify pipeline needs; propose/lead/execute cross-team processes, measure business impact & iterate
• Lead a team of artists who ensure that external contract modelers hit target 3D model quality, by creating reusable model and material resources and defining and communicating technical standards
Senior 3D Artist, 3D Visualization (Dec’16 – Mar ’18)
• Lead a team of artists creating models, materials, lighting, & renders for photoreal images in 3ds Max and V-Ray
• Work with Seniors to document/teach best practices, organize projects, grow the team (from 5-60 artists in 1 yr)
Technical Artist, Wayfair Next team (Feb’16 – Dec’16)
• Develop 3D workflows. Create models, materials, textures. Work with engineering, creative, & copywriting teams
• VR & AR apps on desktop & mobile – optimize performance, create & iterate on UX & UI
Teach 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, & rendering to Game Art and Animation Bachelor’s students
• Stylized handpainted character models and textures for educational game to teach computer programming to kids
• Hard-surface & organic models, textures, and materials for unannounced title by indie studio Superscience LLC
• 3D asset creation, optimization, and R&D for Archimedes Digital - augmented reality and virtual reality projects in the humanities and academia, on Google Cardboard/Daydream and Tango-enabled Android devices
• Cartoon style character models & textures for Rocketcat Games title Dad by the Sword. Platform: PC
• Create dissectable human & animal anatomical models for real-time interaction on PC, mobile, web, & VR
• Spaceships, microbiology, environments, & props for K-12, colleges, and med school educational software
• Create textures from Frank Netter MD’s medical illustrations for 3D version of Atlas of Human Anatomy
• Custom shaders via node-based editor, set up art assets in Unity, lighting, particle FX, maintain material & texture library
3D models, textures, LODs, collision meshes for AAA clients for games on PS3, PC, and Xbox 360