I'm an experienced 3D artist located in Boston, MA, USA. I'm open to freelance character and prop modeling opportunities. Currently I'm Technical Art Manager at educational software company Visible Body.
I've created characters, props, and environments for indie games, AAA games, educational software, VR and AR apps, archaeological reconstruction, and product visualization.
High-poly sculpting, low-poly modeling, retopology, organic modeling, hard-surface modeling, UV unwrapping, baking maps.
Materials and texturing:
Realistic photo-sourced texturing, procedural texturing, PBR materials, stylized handpainted textures.
Real-time performance optimization, in-engine asset setup. Good practices for AR and VR UX and UI. LODs. Collision meshes.
Creative and traditional:
Figure drawing, human anatomy, drawing, color theory, principles of design and composition, concept iteration.
Mentoring, leadership, hiring / interviewing, strategic decisionmaking, project management, communicating in large and small groups, and clear technical writing.
My hobbies include playing guitar, listening to music, reading science fiction, writing, drawing, studying anatomy, and of course indulging in what got me into art in the first place – reading comics and playing video games!
• Standardize, document, & teach 3D art practices.
• Streamline pipeline of 3D assets going from art team to software development team.
• Work with Product Owners, Senior Artists, & Art Director to align improvement initiatives with company priorities.
Model & texture 3D characters for debut title Grim Tranquility. Collaborate with Concept Artists & Art Director.
3D Art Manager, 3D Model Operations (Mar 2018 – Jul 2020)
• Identify pipeline needs; propose/lead/execute cross-team processes, measure business impact & iterate
• Lead a team of artists who ensure that external contract modelers hit target 3D model quality, by creating reusable model and material resources and defining and communicating technical standards
Senior 3D Artist, 3D Visualization (Dec 2016 – Mar 2018)
• Lead a team of artists creating models, materials, lighting, & renders for photoreal images in 3ds Max and V-Ray
• Work with Seniors to document/teach best practices, organize projects, grow the team (from 5-60 artists in 1 yr)
Technical Artist, Wayfair Next team (Feb 2016 – Dec 2016)
• Develop 3D workflows. Create models, materials, textures. Work with engineering, creative, & copywriting teams
• VR & AR apps on desktop & mobile – optimize performance, create & iterate on UX & UI
Stylized handpainted character models/textures for educational game to teach computer programming to kids
•Title: May’s Journey. Client: Chaima Jemmali, Northeastern University, & UC Santa Cruz. Platform: PC, Web
3D asset creation, optimization, and R&D for virtual reality reconstruction of ancient historical site
• Title: MorgantinaVR. Client: Archimedes Digital. Platform: Google Cardboard/Daydream, Tango Android devices
Cartoon style comedic character models & textures for first-person swordplay game
• Title: Dad by the Sword. Client: Rocketcat Games. Platform: PC
Teach 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, & rendering to Game Art and Animation Bachelor’s students
• Create dissectable models for educational apps on PC, mobile, web, and VR platforms for K-12, colleges, & med schools
• Models, UVs, textures, materials of human & animal anatomy, spaceships, microbiology, environments, & props
• Create textures for 3D version of Atlas of Human Anatomy, based on Frank Netter MD’s medical illustrations
• Custom shaders via node-based editor, Unity art asset optimization, lighting, particle FX, maintain material & texture library
Organic & hard-surface models, textures, UVs, LODs, collision meshes for AAA clients
• Title: Rockband. Client: Harmonix. Platform: Playstation 3 & Xbox 360
• Title: Warhawk, including Operation: Omega Dawn expansion. Client: Incognito. Platform: Playstation 3
• Title: Killzone 2. Client: Guerilla Games. Platform: Playstation 3